Premier bids for public talk with central bank over effects of world crisis on Romania's economyPublish date: 31-01-2008
Romania's Prime Minister Calin Popescu Tariceanu asked central bank representatives to publicly meet up with the Cabinet and tackle the impact of the world crisis on the country's economy, in an attempt to fight the effects.
The premier wants to send a message of "confidence in economy" and in the evolution of the capital market in Romania, according to a Cabinet release.
Tariceanu requested the Economy and Finance Minister Varujan Vosganian to arrange with the central bank a meeting soon.
The premier said a few days ago, while in Prague, that Romania's economy is affected by the credit crisis which plagued the U.S.
Last week, Romania's national currency hit a three-year low versus the euro and the stock market plunged after slump on international markets, following the crisis in the U.S. which many analysts called the beginning of recession.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei