Foreign currency loans to population grew more than two-fold in 2007Publish date: 26-01-2008
The annual advance of the credits granted by banks to the Romanian population and companies accelerated to 60.45 in the last month of the year, the biggest rise being registered by the loans in hard currency for the population, which increased by134.4% in 2007, reads a BNR release
The non-governmental credit totalled 148.2 billion lei (41 billion euros) on 31 December. The advance was significantly higher than in the period November 2006 - November 2007, when the credits granted to the population and companies registered a 55.1% growth, the central bank shows.
The credits in lei granted to the population and companies advanced by 2.2% in December, as against the previous month (39.2% compared to December 2006), to 67.7 billion lei (equivalent to 18.75 billion euros), while the loans in hard currency increased by 7.5% (84% as against the last month of 2006), to 80.5 billion lei (equivalent to 22,3 billion euros).
The biggest increase in December was seen in hard currency loans granted to population - by 8.7%, as against the previous month, and by 134.4% as against December 2006 - to 37.9 billion lei (equivalent to 10,5 billion euros), while the credits in national currency to the population advanced by 2% as compared to November (and by 45.4% as against December 2006), to 33.6 billion lei (equivalent to 9,3 billion euros).
The credits in lei granted to companies totalled 34.14 billion lei (9.46 billion euros) at the end of the year, up 2,4% on November and 33.6 % on December 2006, and the loans in hard currency granted to companies totalled 42.53 billion lei (11.8 billion euros) at the end of last year, 6.5% more than at the end of previous month, and 54.4% above the level of December 2006.
The governmental credit (of the central administration, local administrations, social security system administrations) increased by 2.1% against the previous month, to 9.57 billion lei (equivalent to 2,65 billion euros). In comparison with the same period of the previous year, the governmental credit almost trebled in December 2007, an evolution reflected by a growth of 169.9% (153.3 % in real terms) as against the level at the end of 2006, the BNR report also shows.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei