Procter & Gamble considers Romanian investmentPublish date: 26-01-2008
Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) producer, Procter & Gamble, one of the main players on the Romanian market, is considering investing in a production unit in the country, although other countries in the region are also being considered for such an investment.
A final decision could be made this spring, according to a statement for Business Standard by the company's External Relations Manager, Ramona Brad. The advantage Romania has over other candidates is the market potential, which would also justify the local expansion of production activities.
The company is interested locally in a piece of land covering some 250,000 square meters, located in the Ploiesti Industrial Park, in the locality of Urlati. The park's shareholders recently approved the concessioning of the land to the Detergenti company, part of Procter & Gamble Romania.
A representative of the Ploiesti Industrial Park, established in 2002, told Business Standard that discussions could begin with Detergenti, and that the land will be endowed with all utilities in 6-8 months.
The industrial park is the largest in Romania, with a surface of 162.6 hectares, owned entirely by the Prahova County Council, and park clients include Kaufland Romania, Piritex International, Baumix, Calsonic Cansei, Baumeister, Fortismob, and Baumachinen.
The American company is present on the local market with its detergents Ariel, Tide, Bonux, Ace, personal care products Pantene, Head&Shoulders, and the Gillette products, including Gillette, Braun, Duracell, Oral-B. The value of the local detergent market is €150 mln, and main competitors are Unilever, Henkel and Colgate Palmolive.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei