Romania's power market watchdog papers over new gas prices with operatorsPublish date: 26-01-2008
A decision regarding the gas prices increment slated for February 1 has not been made yet, talks between Romania's power market regulator ANRE and operators are still ongoing, people close to the issue said.
Talks could go on the next week too when a decision will be made public, the cited sources said. In December last year the two distributors Distrigaz Sud and E.ON Gaz Romania said gas prices should be hiked 10 percent.
Distrigaz Sud announced on January 22 a 6 percent increase for the first quarter. On December 17, 2007 E.ON Gaz said prices should go up 10 percent in January and 30 percent over 2008 to cover the consumption needs.
Sources from ANRE said the increment of the gas prices will be below 10 percent.
The European Commission called on Romania last week to align the price of natural gas from domestic production to the price in the European Union, as it had promised to within the EU accession negotiations.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei