Romanian Govt Finds Breaches At Financial GuardPublish date: 26-01-2008
Romanian county control services, as well as commissariats of the Environment Guard, the Financial Guard and the inspectorates in constructions, are violating over 20 work rules, storing confiscated goods in gyms and making mistakes in literature, which allow fined companies to win in court.
The breaches were discovered by inspectors from the Control Division of the Government after check performed, at the end of the previous year, at services in charge with control in Romanian counties Bacau, Dolj, Galati, Prahova, Arges, Buzau, Brasov and Valcea.
Government inspectors checked the sanitary-veterinary directions, the National Environment Guard, the inspectorates in constructions, the territorial labor inspectorates, the offices for consumer protection and the Financial Guard sections.
The control targeted the manner in which the public services are organized, function and carry out their legislated attributes, state secretary Emanoil Negut told Mediafax.
In the county sections of the Financial Guard, inspectors noticed, among other things, that the daily control report is brief, it is not signed by commissioners and it is not approved by the division chief commissioner. The goods confiscated are stored in various areas, such as gyms, without being divided in distinct lots and labeled in accordance with norms. In addition, there is no section for the registration and solution of petitions.
The Government Control Department also learned that consumer protection inspectors issued "warnings" on several occasions, feeling that the deeds sanctioned are moderately severe, but they did not apply legal provisions stating that the said deeds are fined. Some of the control documents compiled by inspectors contain procedure flaws, which allow companies to challenge them and win in court.
In the county sections of the National Environment Guard, inspectors learned that the control units did not always clearly specify the sanctions applied, that the files containing the activity of companies do not always contain follow-up documents.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei