Carrefour closing in on euro 1 bln in salesPublish date: 25-01-2008
Carrefour Romania, the third-largest retail network operating on the local market, posted some €866 million in sales in 2007, more than 54 percent higher year-on-year, due to network expansion. The growth is almost double that previously estimated by company officials.
In December, the company forecast a 30 percent rise in sales (up to €800 mln) for 2007, and sales exceeding €1 billion in 2008.
Carrefour owns 11 hypermarkets in Romania, of which five are in Bucharest. In November last year, Carrefour also entered the supermarket segment, following the takeover of the Artima network, in a deal worth €55 mln. Artima operates 21 supermarkets, mostly in Western Romania, with a total sales area of 21,000 sqm.
Carrefour Romania's main competitors are Cora, Auchan, Kaufland and Real. The total fast moving consumer goods market is estimated to reach some €50 billion this year, if growth exceeds 20 percent, according to players on the market.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei