BRD - GSG Officials Ask Investors To Remain CalmPublish date: 25-01-2008
The management of Romania's second largest bank Banca Romana pentru Dezvoltare - Groupe Societe Generale (BRD.RO) expressed hope that investors react reasonably to the news of French bank Societe Generale being defrauded.
The bank's management Thursday held a press conference in Bucharest, after the international press wrote that Societe Generale, BRD's majority shareholder, uncovered a EUR4.9 billion fraud.
BRD officials said it is very important that investors react reasonably on the money market and understand the bank is an autonomous entity in Romania.
Patrick Gelin, the bank's general manager assured that BRD would maintain its profitability target as well as its development plans that will not be influenced by the loss suffered by its majority shareholder, Societe Generale.
According to the latest data, Societe Generale owns a 58.32% stake in BRD-Groupe Societe Generale.
BRD shares were suspended early Thursday from trading on the Bucharest Stock Exchange but trading was resumed in the second part of the day.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei