Porsche Romania invests €60 mln in 2008 to expand sales networkPublish date: 21-01-2008
Porsche Romania, largest local car importer, plans to invest €60 million to expand its sales and service networks by 30 units, according to a statement for Business Standard by General Manager Brent Valmar.
The company expanded its sales network by 12 units last year. The Porsche Group is made up of 4 companies: Porsche Leasing, Porsche Bank, Porsche Insurance Broker, and Porsche Mobility. Porsche Leasing is expecting to finance €250 mln in 2008.
Porsche Romania auto sales increased last year by 35 percent, up to 59,000 cars. For 2008 the company estimates a 10 percent rise in sales, up to 65,000 cars. Its main competitors include Tiriac Holdings, with 38,100 cars sold, Renault Nissan Romania (34,266 cars sold), and General Motors Southeast Europe (32,775 cars sold).
General Motors Southeast Europe plans to spend €20 mln to expand its Romanian sales network to 43 dealers. Renault has 46 dealers in Romania, while Tiriac Auto has 12. Tiriac Auto is currently building 2 auto malls in Bucharest and Timisoara, with the total investment for these projects to be worth €20 mln.
The Romanian auto market could increase by 10 percent in 2008, up to 400,000 cars.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei