First Nokia telephone manufactured in RomaniaPublish date: 17-01-2008
Finnish Nokia Co. manufactured on Tuesday the first mobile phone in Romania, sources close to the project told a Rompres correspondent. Nokia decided in spring 2007 to open in Jucu locality, Cluj County, north-west of Bucharest, a production facility, with the investment one of the biggest in the past 18 years both in Cluj and in Romania.
This first telephone can be bought by head of the Council of Cluj County Marius Nicoara, who has said for long he will do that.
Head of Nokia communication department Monica Alb made no comment on the manufacturing of this first Nokia phone at Jucu. She said the group is waiting for the release of its financial results in 2007, and after Jan. 24 she can give some details.
The equipping of Nokia production faciltiy at Jucu, also called Nokia Village, will cost county authorities 33 million euros. The area will be liked with Cluj-Napoca by a motorway, the park is expected to be daily visited by at least 300 trucks.
Nokia will create at Jucu some 5,000 jobs, with the investment amounting to 200 million euros. This year Nokia will hire around 1,000 people, and production proper is planned to start in mid Feb.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei