Romanian New Car Registrations Up 26.3% In '07Publish date: 17-01-2008
The number of new car registrations in Romania hiked by 26.3% in 2007, to 312,532 units, from 247,518 units in 2006, while the hike was 27.1% in December, to 24,143 de units, according to preliminary data published Wednesday by the European Association of Car Makers.
Thus, Romania ranked eighth in Europe, with respect for the number of new cars registered in 2007. The top positions are held by Germany (3.148 million cars), Italy (2,49 million) and France (2.06 million).
In Europe, Romanian car maker Dacia saw a 24.7% climb in the number of cars registered, to 172,834 units, from 138.603 units in 2006. Its market share climbed to 1.1% in 2007, from 0.9% in 2006.
In December, the number of Dacia cars registered in Europe climbed by 46.1%, to 15,809 units, from 10,822 units in the previous year an. The market share held by the Romanian brand climbed in the mentioned period to 1.4%, from 1% in December 2006.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei