IBRD revises EUR 20 M loan to RomaniaPublish date: 10-01-2008
The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) has revised the financial terms and conditions of an USD 20 M loan approved for Romania, according to Rompres. 'USD 19,871 M have been spent of the loan and the balance of USD 128,799.52 recorded as savings has been cancelled, according to the IBRD letter dated August 21, 2007.
The calculation of the balance changed the reimbursement and the drawing timetables, without changing Romania's financial dues or conditionalities towards IBRD, according to a communique of the Ministry of Economy. Under the Romania - IBRD loan agreement of January 16, 2002, USD 20 M were allocated for the second phase of the social development fund project. According to the agreement, the deadline for the drawing of the loan was February 28, 2007.
However, under the IBRD procedure governing the payment of already delivered or provided goods and services, draws were also allowed after the deadline. According to the IBRD letter on August 21, 2007, the date of the last transaction of the loan was June 20, 2007.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei