Citibank Romania to invest in consumer banking and new productsPublish date: 10-01-2008
Citibank Romania, a subsidiary of US Citibank financial giant, wants to develop local market operations in 2008 by increasing investments in consumer banking and new products.
"We are simultaneously raising our small and medium-sized enterprise market and corporate banking market shares," according to a statement to Business Standard by Shamir Khaliq, President of Citibank Romania.
Khaliq indicated that 2007 was the best year for Citibank since it entered the Romanian market in 1996, even if the mother bank is facing one of its worst years ever, with plans to lay off 17,000-32,700 employees of its worldwide 327,000 employees.
Citibank forecast a 178 percent year-on-year increase in its loan portfolio in 2007, and turnover surged by 232 percent compared to the same period in 2006.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei