Romanian currency at its lowest value against euro in the past 19 monthsPublish date: 10-01-2008
Romanian national currency on Wednesday reached the lowest level against the euro in the last 19 months, with an exchange rate of 3.6333 lei for 1 euro, by 4.08 bani less than in the previous day, according to the quotations announced by the National Bank of Romania (BNR).
The euro has not reached this value since June 26, 2006, when it stood at 3.6382 lei.
The European currency on Wednesday amounted to 3.6333 lei, by 4.08 lei (1.13 percent) more than its value on Tuesday, of 3.5925 lei, while the US dollar accounted for 2.4696 lei, which is more than the previous day when the American coin stood at 2.4430 lei.
The euro at the Financial, Monetary and Commodities Exchange in Sibiu is 3.665 lei for March 2008 and the dollar 2.3669 lei.
The gram of gold reached 70.5000 lei, by 1.91 bani (2.71 percent) against its value on January 8, of 68.5853 lei.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei