NATO Secretary General to pay visit to BucharestPublish date: 09-01-2008
NATO Secretary General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer will pay a visit to Bucharest on Friday, January 11, to see the stage of preparations for the NATO Summit to be held in April in Romania.
State Secretary with the Foreign Ministry (MAE) and national coordinator for the organization of the NATO Summit 2008, Victor Micula, on Monday told Rompres that besides meetings with President Traian Basescu and PM Calin Popescu Tariceanu , Scheffer will be informed on the stage of the preparations for the Summit.
'At the Parliament Palace we will go through the halls to be used for the Summit and we will try to see if, together with his team, we have found some technical solution for the various types of meetings. It is important for us to have the feedback of the NATO's Secretary General,' Micula said.
Scheffer will also visit other institutions to host the various events of the Summit, such as Romania's National Art Museum and the Romanian Athenaeum.
The visit set on January 11 will be the second one paid by Scheffer to Bucharest, after the one in October 29, with a view to preparing the NATO Summit.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei