Transilvania Bank plans to expand to the Republic of MoldovaPublish date: 08-01-2008
Transilvania Bank is planning to raise its 500 units in Romania by a further 70 in 2008. The bank is also targeting expansion to the Republic of Moldova.
"We are opening the first new units in 2008 in Buzau today. Our target is to continue expanding in Romania and the Republic of Moldova," according to a statement to Business Standard by the bank's President, Robert Rekkers. Rekkers explained that the plan to expand to the Republic of Moldova will be approved at the General Shareholder's Meeting in April with legal procedures to follow. "There is an entire mechanism to open a new branch, involving our bank being approved by the National Bank of Moldova. We will file the request after the shareholders give their approval," Rekkers added.
Last year, Transilvania Bank entered the international market by opening a branch in Cyprus. Rekker said that this bank has several hundred clients. The bank's purpose is to attract Romanian customers living in Cyprus.
Transilvania Bank sold its insurance division to the French Groupama company, using funds from this sale for its 2008 financing needs. "We want to use these funds to develop and sustain this development," added Rekkers.
Transilvania Bank had profit of €16.07 million in the third quarter of 2007, twice as much as in the same period in 2006.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei