One-day vignette introduced in 2008Publish date: 21-12-2007
The Government approved the introduction, as of next year, of the one-day road tax (the Romanian vignette) for all vehicles except for automobiles and freight vehicles with total maximum mass below 3.5 tonnes.
Also starting next year, the road tax will be calculated by period and pollutant emission class. Thus, automobile users will pay EUR 3 for the seven-day vignette, EUR 7 for the 30-day vignette and EUR 28 for the entire year, starting January 1, 2008. The six-month vignette was eliminated. Fines for failure to pay the road tax range between RON 500 and 1,500, for automobiles. The highest fines range between RON 6,000 and 9,000, and are applied for road tax failure by drivers of lorries of over 12 tonnes.
The road tax is paid in RON, at the exchange rate communicated by the National Bank of Romania for the last day of the month prior to the payment. Historic vehicles are exempted from payment of the Romanian vignette. Foreign drivers may pay the road tax in hard currencies as well, for the equivalent of the EUR amount. The ordinance introduces the possibility to fine foreign drivers who use the national road network.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei