PM Tariceanu presents Romanian economy opportunities to British investorsPublish date: 06-12-2007
Prime Minister Calin Popescu-Tariceanu presented the British investors on Wednesday the investment opportunities offered by the Romanian economy as well as the developments of the Romanian business climate.
Tariceanu, who is paying a working visit to the United Kingdom, discussed with 30 business executives of major British companies interested in expanding their businesses to Romania, during a working lunch staged by the Romanian-British Chamber of Commerce and the Romanian Embassy in London.
According to sources in the Romanian official delegation, the prime minister also underscored the importance of observing the right to the free movement and work for all the citizens of the European Union member states.
He gave details of the legal measures and the good administrative practice moves made by Bucharest in order to improve the business climate and boost the competitiveness of the Romanian economy.
Tariceanu also met Romanian-born businessman George Iacobescu, who designed and developed the London-based Canary Wharf financial centre.
British investments in the Romanian economy go higher than five billion euros, with over 3,200 British companies operating in major sectors like telecommunications, information technology, water and environmental protection, the production of consumer goods and financial services.
Prime Minister Calin Popescu-Tariceanu on Wednesday pleaded the cause of Romanian laborers before the British MPs at Westminster Palace.
Premier Tariceanu highlighted how important the relaxation of restrictions on the British labor market for Romanian job-seekers is.
The head of the government also presented the British MPs the efforts of the Romanian authorities to reform the judiciary and combat corruption.
Calin Popescu-Tariceanu met in Westminster, at the seat of the British Parliament, with representatives of the parliamentary Great Britain-Romania Friendship Group. Attending were also members of the House of Commons Home Affairs Committee and of the London lawmaking body. Accompanying
Premier Tariceanu at the talks were Foreign Minister Adrian Cioroianu and Minister of Economy and Finance Varujan Vosganian.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei