Romania: BNR Governor borrows EUR 200,000 from VolksbankPublish date: 06-12-2007
Mugur Isarescu, Governor of the Romanian National Bank, has borrowed some EUR 200,000 from Volksbank, for a mortgage, according to the declaration of wealth by Romania’s top banker, Business Standard daily reports.
According to the same declaration, Isarescu opted for a ten-year maturity, with the loan due in 2016.
In spite of recommendations for savings in lei, the BNR Governor’s savings are equitably divided into lei and euro, at some €33,000 deposited in various banks and RON 112,000 in Romanian banks in his name.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei