Turnover in industry increased by 10% in OctoberPublish date: 06-12-2007
The volume of turnover in industry was 10% higher in October than in September, while the volume of turnover in retail trade, excepting motor vehicles and motorcycles, on the whole, dropped by 13.7%, according to the National Institute of Statistics.
According to the INS, the ten percent increase was supported by all three sectors - electricity and thermal energy, gas and water (+15.3%), manufacturing (+9.5%) and mining and quarrying (+8.6%), the most significant growths by broad industrial groups being registered in the capital goods industry (+19.3%), intermediate good industry (+11.2%) and energy industry (+7.8%).
As regards the comparison with the same period of 2006, the volume of turnover in industry increased by 12.6% In October. The growth was supported by manufacturing (+14.0%), electricity and thermal energy, gas and water (+4.9%) and mining and quarrying (+2.5%), reads an INS release. Similarly, by broad industrial groups, the INS data show that the highest turnover increases were registered in the capital goods industry (+29.4%), the intermediate good industry (+12.9%), the durable goods industry (+7.2%).
For the first ten months of 2007, the volume of turnover in industry registered an increase of 12.3% against the period January-October 2006, a growth supported by manufacturing (+14.8%), while electricity and thermal energy, gas and water registered a decrease of 2.3%. The structure by broad industrial groups shows the highest increases were registered in the capital goods industry (+25.2%), the durable goods industry (+18,3%) and the intermediate good industry (+17,1%). At the same time, energy industry registered a 6.8% drop.
With regard to the volume of turnover in retail trade, except for the trade with motor vehicles and motorcycles, the INS data show it dropped by 13,7% as compared to the previous month.
Thus, according to the INS, the volume of turnover in non-foods saw a 13% decrease, and food goods, beverages and tobacco by 9%. On the other hand, the volume of turnover for wholesale and retail trade, maintenance and repair of motor vehicles and motor-cycles; retail of motor vehicles' fuels in October 2007, registered a 3.9% increase against the previous month.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei