Parapharmaceutics market grows 20-25%Publish date: 06-12-2007
The parapharmaceutical products market is increasing more rapidly than the drug market, at an annual 20-25 percent growth pace. The drug market is slowing to an annual 15 percent increase, from 20 percent in 2006.
The parapharmaceutics market is made up of over-the-counter products sold in pharmacies, such as skin products, cosmetics, and food supplements.
Although there are no studies monitoring this segment, the parapharmaceutical market is estimated to be worth some €300 million by companies in the field. "It is an interesting area for business, because one can be more creative and bring Real advantages for clients and pharmacies," according to drug distributor Montero's General Manager, Flavius Hadadea.
"There are objective reasons for this market’s growth. New supplement producers and importers are entering the market and the products portfolio is becoming more diversified. We are importing 10 brands, but there are some 30 important brands on the market," according to the General Manager of pharma distributor Distrifarm, Cosmin Costea.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei