Net average salary in Romania up 4.2% month-on-month in OctoberPublish date: 06-12-2007
Net average salaries in Romania went up 4.2 percent month-on-month in September; the best paid field was air transportation while people working in wood processing industry got the lowest salaries, a release from the National Statistics Institute reads.
Net average payment stood at 1,084 lei in October. The index of the real salary for October compared to September was of 103.2 percent. During the year salaries fluctuate mostly because of national holiday bonuses in December, March and April, according to INS.
Net average salary in the budgetary field increased more than 15 percent month-on-month in October and 5 percent in public administration.
For the rest of activities, salaries increased owing to bonuses or higher production, as it follows: between 6 and 8 percent in power production, car industry, transportation and 3 and 6 percent in clothing industry, furniture, textiles, wood processing.
Decreases of the average net nominal salary resulted from bonuses alloted from the net profit and smaller production as it follows: 17.7 percent in financial intermediates, 8.3 percent in hydrocarbons extraction and between 1 and 6 percent coal processing and nuclear fuels, crude oil processing and chemical products, metallurgy.
The average net nominal salary increased 25.2 percent year-on-year in October 2007. The index of the real salary hiked 17.2 percent over the same period.
The Money Channel
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei