Ten-month car sales boosted by 23%, to 258 224 unitsPublish date: 23-11-2007
Automobile sales in the Romanian market surged by 23% in the first ten months, according to data from The Association of Automotive Producers and Importers (APIA). The increase of the market was mostly sustained by sales of imports, a segment that increased by 51.8% during the period January-October, to 165 884 units.
The main local manufacturer, Automobile Dacia, sold almost 78 000 cars in the first ten months, corresponding to a market share of 30.2%, while Daweoo Automobile Romania marketed 14 349 units and had a 5.6% market share.
As regards total automotive sales in the market, commercial vehicles included, the growth in the period January-October amounted to 23.5%, 299 248 units having been marketed.
Dacia's total car sales amounted to 83 912 units, a market share of 8%, while Daewoo Automobile Romania traded 14.387 automobiles, registering a market share of 4.8%.
The imported brands ranking is led by Renault, with 24 292 vehicles (+40.8%), followed by Volkswagen, up one position, to 19 249 units (+59,9%), škoda, with 18 885 units (+14%) and Opel, with 15 234 vehicles (+80.4%), one position higher.
At the end of October, the next positions were held by Ford, with 13 190 vehicles (+72.7%), Peugeot, with 11 817 units (+35.2%) and Chevrolet, with 11 124 vehicles (+92.9%).
The most successful imported models were Renault Clio - 13 527 units, Renault Megane - 9 670 units and Opel Astra Classic - 7 779 vehicles. The cars equipped with diesel engine covered 42.6% of the total sales, respectively 47.6% on the imports segment.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei