Foreign recruiters are seeking Romanian interim managersPublish date: 23-11-2007
Romanian managers are receiving more offers from abroad for project-based jobs, or definite period management positions, which are often refused by skilled foreign managers. According to human resource company Hill International's Managing Director, Monica Vrabiescu, companies use interim management services when they need to open a new factory, when companies are undergoing restructuring, or take over other companies. Interim managers are also needed in crisis situations, when there is a need for severe measures.
"Although this is a new field for us, we have capable managers, with skills related to organization, logistics and coordination, who can open a factory or manage a department," Vrabiescu said.
Local companies are also starting to consider interim managers, but there is still some hesitation, since this service is not seen as completely safe, according to the Unit Business Manager of Barnett McCall Recruitment, Andrea Lupan.
Project-based managers are used mainly in the fields of logistics, production, finance and banking, and human resources.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei