Nokia Siemens Networks to develop RCS & RDS's 3G networkPublish date: 22-11-2007
RCS & RDS is to launch mobile phone services in Bucharest and a further 10 to 15 cities by the end of the year, following a pilot launch in the northern city of Oradea. The operator is already providing mobile phone services in the western city of Timisoara.
The Commercial Manager of RCS&RDS, Ovidiu Gherman, confirmed information published by Business Standard that the operator will ask for a syndicated loan worth €500 million from a consortium of banks, led by Citibank and ING.
The company needs to invest some €100 mln to develop its 3G mobile network by next summer, or it risks losing its 3G license. "Our goal is to launch mobile services initially in cities where we have the largest number of clients," Gherman said. He added that there are some 60 cities on the list.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei