Romtrans looks for strategic investorsPublish date: 19-11-2007
Romtrans company management confirmed for Curierul National the existence of requests to buy the company. "Everything is for sale! We are a good company and it is normal to exist requests for Romtrans", confirmed General Manager Ion Nan. This was also reiterated by Valeriu Dascalu, the Deputy General manger of Romtrans SA.
Nevertheless, the two managers would not make public from where these requests were. It is sure that, on 7 November 2007, the managing Board of the Trading Company convoked the general shareholders' meeting at the seat of the Bucharest Chamber of Commerce and Industry, as it results from Part IV of the Official Gazette (M.O.), No. 2571, from 1 October 2007. All the shareholders registered in the Shareholders' on 26 October 2007 were invited to attend.
"I cannot tell you what we discussed", said Ion Nan, questioned by Curierul National. Three was no need, as there were only two clear issues on the agenda. The first: to empower the Board to explore new possibilities to attract a strategic investor by buying shares. The second issue, generically called: miscellanea.
Organised on the principle of holding, Romtrans includes a central unit and nine branch-type agencies, without legal personality, located in Arad, Bucharest, Constanta, Mol I Constanta South, Galati, Giurgiu, Iasi, Oradea and Valea lui Mihai.
Romtrans has over 80 lucrative facilities all over the country. Present in the freight-forward market since 1952, Romtrans provides full logistics services to its customers: railroad transport, international full truck load and less-than-truck-load (FTL/LTL), air transport, maritime conventional and container transport; customs commissioner; storage and warehousing, domestic FTL/LTL transport, distribution to the big store chains, and consulting for special projects (over-sized cargo or logistics platforms).
According to the balance submitted in 2006, Romtrans had a turnover of around 80 million euros, a 5% increase on 2005, and a profit of 4.3 million euros, 50% less than in the previous year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei