Foreign debt exceeds EUR 33 bn at end-SeptPublish date: 19-11-2007
According to a report released by the National Bank of Romania (BNR), Romania's foreign debt amounted to EUR 33.85 bln., on September 30, 2007, advancing by 18.9 per cent compared to December 31, 2006.
The public debt and the public guaranteed debt posted, on September 30, an imbalance of EUR 10.24 bln., and it accounted for 30.3 per cent of the medium and long term foreign debt (compared to 37.7 per cent on December 31, 2006).
The foreign debt not publicly guaranteed amounted to EUR 20938 M, on September 30, 2007, being by 24.8 per cent higher than on December 31, 2006.
The rate of medium and long term foreign debt service was 20.5 per cent over January - September 2007, compared to 20.7 per cent in 2006. The coverage degree was 6.2 months for imports, on September 30, 2007, compared to 6.4 months of import on December 31, 2006.
Romania foreign payment balance posted a deficit of EUR 11.80 bln., on September 30, the main influence on the advance of the current account imbalance being triggered by trade deficit, which amounted to EUR 12.26 bln., up by 67 per cent compared to January - September 2006.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei