BCR raises interest rates on depositsPublish date: 12-11-2007
Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR), Romania's top lender, has increased interest on time foreign currency deposits as of today, in order to obtain loan resources less expensive than those attracted from the interbank market.
Thus, BCR is raising interest for six month euro deposits to an annual 3.5 percent from 3.1 percent, for amounts less than €10,000, while annual interest for amounts between €10,000-25,000 is up to 3.75 percent, and for larger deposits an annual 4 percent interest, according to company officials.
For one year deposits with interest paid at maturity, BCR increased the annual interest rate by 0.25 percent, to 3.75 percent for amounts less than €10,000, and by 0.3 percent to 4 percent for deposits between €10,000-25,000. On deposits exceeding €25,000, the annual interest rate soared to 4.3 percent from 3.9 percent.
For Maxicont euro savings accounts, BCR raised interest to an annual 3 percent for amounts from €250-1,000, and to 3.25 percent for amounts over €1,000.
Interest rates for Maxicont RON savings accounts increased to an annual 6 percent from 4.3 percent for amounts between RON 500-2,500, to an annual 6.25 percent from 5.05 percent for amounts between RON 2,500-5,000, to an annual 6.5 percent from 5.9 percent for amounts between RON 5,000-100,000, to an annual 7 percent from 6.5 percent for amounts between RON 100,000-1,000,000, to an annual 7.1 percent from 6.7 percent for amounts between RON 1-10 million, to an annual 7.1 percent from 6.8 percent for amounts between RON 10-50 mln, and to an annual 7.1 percent from 6.9 percent for amounts exceeding RON 50 mln.
BCR, member of the Erste Group, administers assets in excess of €16 billion. The bank currently has 532 branches and agencies throughout the country, issues 23 types of cards and has 1,400 ATMs and 12,000 POSs.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei