Romania is the most attractive M&A market in Eastern EuropePublish date: 08-11-2007
Senior managers in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) have identified Romania as having the greatest potential for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the region, followed by Bulgaria. They expect Romania and Bulgaria to reach the highest level in terms of mergers and acquisitions and of activity of private equity funds.
These managers share their strategic views and expansion plans on M&A. They expect an alert pace of acquisitions in the region in the coming 12 months.
Such as the conclusions of a report on Central & Eastern European Corporate Strategy made by KBC Securities, the integrated European Equity House of KBC Group, together with CMS and PENTA Investments. The report included the views of 100 managers in , the Czech Republic, and , on the M&A climate in their countries, according to Budapest Business Journal.
More then half of managers interviewed indicated that is the most attractive market from their point of view, and that financial services are expected to be the most active sector in the coming year. Most senior company executives are targeting opportunities offered by western companies for their acquisitions.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei