Raiffeisen Bank president dissatisfied with BNRPublish date: 07-11-2007
The president of Raiffeisen Bank, Steven van Groningen, is unhappy with the lack of dialogue between the Central Bank and the commercial banks and considers ungrounded the remarks of Governor Mugur Isarescu regarding their fault in the growth of the current account deficit.
"We deserve a discussion with the Central Bank over the banking system. BNR should initiate a discussion with the commercial banks over credit matters. I do not believe that we are guilty of the growth of the current account deficit of Romania. We, the banks, give credits chiefly in order to finance the production means and to help exports. What should we do to limit the credits, to not observe the Community laws?" declared Steven van Groningen.
Van Groningen criticized the Central Bank for the lack of communication with the banking circles. "I do not remember any recent meeting of Governor Mugur Isarescu with us, the bankers. For over a year, not any meeting with the bank presidents has taken place and in this way it is difficult to say whose is the fault," stressed van Groningen.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei