Romania's industry increases due to investments in the economyPublish date: 07-11-2007
The entire industry increased by 4.2 percent in September, compared to August, due exclusively to the manufacturing industry, which soared 6 percent. The other two sectors of the industry, namely mining and quarrying, and electricity, heating, gas and water, dropped by 6.5 percent and 7.8 percent, respectively.
Capital goods registered the highest increase, of 32.5 percent. This segment supported almost entirely the whole of industrial production.
Industrial production rose by an annual 3.2 percent in September 2007, sustained by the manufacturing industry (+3.7 percent) and the mining and quarrying industry (+0.1 percent). The increase was half of last year's level, when industrial production rose by 7.4 percent year-on-year. Industrial production increased 5.8 percent in the first nine months of 2007 year-on-year.
Industrial turnover increased faster than the production volume, by 6.7 percent in September from August, while prices of industrial products rose significantly, by 1.4 percent. In the European Union, prices of industrial products rose by 0.4 percent. Lithuania and Bulgaria registered the highest price rises, of 9.8 percent and 9 percent, respectively, and face high consumption prices as well.
The production of durable goods fell by an annual 7.1 percent in September, mainly due to the appreciation of the leu, which raised the competitiveness of imported products.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei