PR companies promote 20 million euros marketPublish date: 07-09-2007
Romanian market of communication and public relations services has a value of approximately 15-20 million euros, witnessing a more and more spectacular evolution every year.
Due to the increase in the quality of services provided by agencies, the Romanian market witnessed an intensive development in the past two years and more and more companies aim at externalizing their public relations department.
"Public relations services witnessed an intensive development, especially in the past two years. We can say that, at present, Romanian and international companies are aware of the value of a PR company in Romania", declared Elena Olteanu, General Manager 4ace.
According to Ms Olden, the entry into the market of new players in the economic area, the EU accession and the growth of the conscientisation level are elements that have contributed to the increase in interest and, implicitly, budgets allocated by companies to the PR area.
Romanian market far from saturation
The Romanian PR market is far from being saturated, and many multinational companies among the top 10, which are not present yet. "Any market is open to the big companies that can enter either by acquisitions or affiliations, or by opening local offices. There are still many multinational companies among the top 10, which are not present in Romania and, when business requires it, will most certainly come. I would describe the PR market at this moment as in a "storming" phase, the next step being "norming", told us Mirella Pit, General Manager V+O Communication. Romanian PR industry is facing quite serious problems as regards the public relations specialists, who are rather few.
"Unfortunately, in an industry developing at the speed of mind, which seems to be willing to recover in a few months the years of the past without communication, we are confronting a big problem at present: the lack of specialists. There is a limited number of seniors in all communications competencies, not only in PR, that all agencies, be they multinational or local, fight for. Those with more than 10 years experience start retiring, making their own business. Those with a 5-6 years experience are hunted by agencies, and some of them come to changing their work place three times in a year. Juniors are promoted to higher positions long before their natural ripening time, we come to having PR Managers with the experience of a PR Executive", declared Iona Manoiu Managing Partner, GIMP PR.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei