Ford to sign for Automobile Craiova on September 12 in Frankfurt International Motor ShowPublish date: 07-09-2007
Next Wednesday's International Motor Show in Frankfurt will witness the signing of the agreement for privatizing Automobile Craiova, the signatories being the Romanian state and the 'Ford' company. The Romanian authorities' desire to endow the transaction with a notoriety bonus was the reason behind the move. 'The signing of the contract with Ford is scheduled for Wednesday in the second and final day of media access to the International Motor Show. The authorities thus want to add notoriety to the closure of the contract, and implicitly to Romania's auto-industry strength following the entry of a new powerful investor' official sources stated.
The two sides will sign the English version of the contract in Frankfurt on September 12, with the Romanian version to be signed 2 days later in Craiova. Prime Minister Calin Popescu Tariceanu will be present at the signing ceremony in Frankfurt.
Romanian and Ford representatives met on Wednesday to review the contract terms for the privatization of Automobile Craiova, after the transaction's last bearings were clarified on Tuesday. The Authority for Capitalizing State Assets (AVAS) is negotiating with Ford a judicial formula for the plant's plot of land the value of which should hike the prices of the company shares. That represents the last issue to be solved before the contract is signed.
The two sides agreed on including a term that ensures that the American investor would not be faced after taking over the plant with a flurry of demands on the debt owed by the plant to former creditors. The term also seeks to clarify the situation of the company's real estate assets. Currently the entire production assets are owned by Daewoo Automobile Romania, with the exception of those that were phased out due to their high level of wear.
John Fleming, the President of Ford Europe, stated last week that a 12 to 15 week period would be needed from the moment of signing the contract to the moment the plant is converted to the production of Ford vehicles. He did not mention the Ford brands that would be produced in Craiova, but the new Fiesta is the most likely candidate. The new version of Fiesta would also be presented in the International Motor Show in Frankfurt. The American manufacturer has committed to making direct investments of up to EUR 675 million in modernizing and upgrading the plant and also to raising the number of employees from 3,900 to 7,000 or even 9,000 people.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei