Baneasa airport in Romania to build new terminal, reopen in AugustPublish date: 05-07-2007
Baneasa international airport, in the northern part of the Romanian capital, Bucharest, will build a new terminal for arrivals to cope with surging demand for low-cost carriers, officials said Wednesday.
The airport, which is used by discount airlines, has been closed since May for runway repairs and other upgrades and is scheduled to reopen on Aug. 2. Meanwhile, all flights have been diverted to the main airport in Otopeni, causing delays in security screening areas.
Construction of the new terminal would start at the end of July and be completed in December, airport director Stefan Mladin told state news agency Rompres.
Despite being closed for four months, the Baneasa airport expects traffic to rise by 30 percent this year from 2006 to a total of about 1 million passengers.
Low-cost carriers were planning to add more flights to cover domestic destinations, Mladin said, adding that work on the new terminal would not affect the airport's activity.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei