Unicredito confirms contacts with Societe Generale, but no merger talksPublish date: 23-04-2007
MILAN (Thomson Financial) - Unicredito Italiano SpA said in a statement it has had contact with Societe Generale as part of its usual exploration of strategic opportunities for growth, but no talks about a possible merger with the French bank are underway.
'There are contacts with Societe Generale, with whom, as known, Unicredito has a long standing relation,' the statement said.
The statement was issued late Friday in response to a request from market regulator Consob, following market rumours concerning a potential merger with Societe Generale.
On Friday, Unicredito shares rose nearly 3 pct to 7.44 eur, while Societe Generale closed up more than 11 to 156.09 in Paris.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei