Alpha Bank announces the closing of the sale of Alpha InsurancePublish date: 26-03-2007
Alpha Bank announces the conclusion of the sale of Alpha Insurance to AXA, a global leader in Financial Protection, for Euro 255 million.
At the same time, Alpha Bank and AXA have signed and put into force a long-term exclusive cooperation agreement for the distribution of AXA’s insurance products through Alpha Bank’s extensive Branch network. Under the terms of the agreement, Alpha Bank focuses on the distribution side of the business, with the production and the insurance risk undertaken by AXA.
This agreement will lead to substantial and rapid growth in the highly dynamic bancassurance sector in Greece, which is developing fast and the prospects are excellent. Alpha Bank’s established and strong brand name and customer-centered approach in combination with AXA’s insurance expertise, worldwide experience and prestige, set the foundations for a dynamic expansion in the greek market.
Insurance products already constitute a significant part of fully integrated solutions addressing customers’ financial needs. Through its cooperation with AXA, Alpha Bank is in a position to incorporate in its offering new insurance products and services that bring together competitive pricing, simplicity and transparency.
By combining their expertise in insurance and asset management, Alpha Bank and AXA will also offer innovative life and non-life products of high quality and value-added, helping customers to effectively manage their assets and cover their insurance needs.
The cooperation between the two Companies had already a successful beginning, with infrastructure being set up by adapting AXA’s systems used in other countries to the characteristics of the greek market. The benefits of this cooperation are expected to become visible before year end and assume much greater significance for the Bank’s profitability in the years to come.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei