Air traffic increases in Romania after EU integrationPublish date: 24-03-2007
"EU integration has certainly increased the levels of air traffic in Romania," said Corina Enciu, commercial manager with BA for Romania and Moldova. She estimated the number of passengers has increased on the Bucharest-UK route, as a result of the elimination of foreign visas for Romanian citizens traveling to fellow EU countries.
Consecutively, the company posted an occupancy rate of 86 percent in February, up 11 percent against the same month in 2006.
The number of passengers on the Bucharest-Zurich route operated by SWISS airline rose by 10 percent in the first two months of this year compared with the same corresponding period last year.
Low-cost operators boasted the highest growth rates, generally a growth of more than 50 percent, expecting to double or even triple their passenger numbers every year. As a result of positive figures, a rising number of airlines are interested in the domestic low-cost market owing to its growth potential.
Even though low-cost air travel was expected to develop at the expense of road transportation, this trend has not been highly visible until now.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei