Spanish chain Vime Hotels & Resort enters Romanian marketPublish date: 23-03-2007
BUCHAREST – Four Bucharest hotels are advanced in their negotiations with the Spanish Vime Hotel & Resorts hospitality chain, with which they will most likely sign management agreements, Raul Dinescu, the Chairman of Gerasim Tour representing VIME in Romania and Bulgaria, stated for Mediafax.
‘The four hotels in Bucharest to join the Vime chain are three and four star units. The Spanish chain has included in its expansion plans the entry to countries that have acceded to the European Union recently. Vime has hotels operated under management agreements as well as its own investments in Spain, Italy and Tunisia’, says Dinescu. The intention of the Spanish chain is to also affiliate mountain hotels and to build its own hotel in Bucharest. ‘The chain operates in a system that is slightly different from the others. If a year down the road the affiliated hotel has good financial results Vime makes the owners a ten-year lease offer. It means that the chain rents the entire hotel and invests in it’, says the representative of the Spanish hotels chain in Romania.
Vime Hotels & Resorts has 18 hotels 11 of which are in Spain, five in Italy and two in Tunisia, with 3,200 rooms in total. The chain development plans provide for the enrichment of its portfolio with another 25 hotels this year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei