ING Bank Romania revenues up15 pc in 2006Publish date: 21-03-2007
Bucharest - The total revenues of ING Bank Romania grew by 15 per cent to RON 305 M (EUR 86.5M) and the bank's assets grew by 6.5 per cent to RON 7.22 bln in 2006.
However, the gross profit dropped by a half to RON 35 M given the investment made in development, the bank informed yesterday. The bank's gross profit in 2005 was RON 68 M. The decline reported last year came from the expansion of the network both for retail and for corporate customers and from the investment in development, explained the bank's CEO, Misu Negritoiu. "2006 was a year of organic growth for ING Bank Romania. We focused on growing our corporate branch network, on developing the retail banking network and the retail product portfolio in general, assuming a lower profit on a short term," stated Negritoiu. The bank has a country network of branches counting 114 units 32 of which were opened in 2006. ING Bank intends to open ten new corporate branches by the end of the year. ING Lease that was launched in the end of July 2006 granted nearly EUR 30 M in loans last year.
ING Romania is part of the Dutch ING Group, provider of banking, insurance, and asset management services to some 60 million retail, corporate or government customers in 50 countries.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei