Plaza Centers buys site in West Romania, sees 60 mln eur development costPublish date: 12-03-2007
Plaza Centers NV said it has it has acquired a site in Timisoara, West Romania, and plans to build a shopping centre of approximately 30,000 square metre gross lettable area there, estimating development cost of the project of 60 mln eur.
The emerging markets property developer did not disclose the price paid for the site.
Plaza said it has also secured an option to develop on the site approximately 20,000 sqm of new mixed retail, office and residential space adjacent to the shopping centre.
The acquisition is Plaza's second transaction in Romania following its Nov 2006 announcement that it had entered into a public-private partnership agreement with the Government of Romania to develop the approximately 1 bln usd Casa Radio (Dambovica) scheme in Bucharest.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei