Erste Bank boosted by Romanian acquisitionPublish date: 28-02-2007
Austria's Erste Bank beat its full year target for profits growth after a larger than expected 37 per cent rise in net fourth quarter earnings after minorities to €277m.
The group, which has expanded aggressively into central and eastern Europe, said full year net profits after minority interests climbed by more than 30 per cent to €932.2m – well above its target of at least a 20 per cent increase.
The figures were boosted by a smaller than expected restructuring charge of €23m at Banca Comerciala Romana, the Romanian bank bought by Erste last year. BCR raised net profits before restructuring costs by almost 38 per cent to €254m last year.
Erste's results were also helped by a drop in the cost income ratio to 59.5 per cent from 61.7 per cent.
The group, which has recently expanded its presence in Ukraine and Croatia, forecast net profits would rise by a further 25 per cent this year, slowing to 20 per cent a year in 2008 and 2009. The bank proposed raising the dividend by 18 per cent to €0.65 a share.
Copyright 2007 Financial Times
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei