Romania Libera: USA and EU back Justice Minister Monica MacoveiPublish date: 10-02-2007
Bucharest. The USA and EU back Romanian Minister of Justice Monica Macovei although the opposition demanded her resignation, the online edition of the Romania Libera writes.
In an interview for the paper the U.S. ambassador to Bucharest Nicolas Taubman said the decision whether the minister should quit depended entirely on Romanians. According to him however it is important for Romania to continue achieving progress in the judicial system and in combating corruption. Minister Macovei is a leader in adopting these reforms. Some foreign observers would describe her removal as a step back, Taubman added.
The European Enlargement Commissioner Olli Rehn also supported the Romanian Justice Minister, stressing he assessed her work highly.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei