Bombardier to supply six more trains for Bucharest, Romania's transit systemPublish date: 25-01-2007
Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.A) said Thursday it will supply six more Movia trains, a total of 36 cars, for the transit system in Bucharest, Romania.
The contract with Metrorex is worth about US$43 million, the Canadian company said in a release.
"We see this new order as recognition of our work and are delighted to continue our good co-operation with Metrorex. The new order for our Movia metro trains increases our engagement in Bucharest, but also shows our commitment to Romania," said Stephane Rambaud-Measson, Bombardier's mainline and metros president.
Bombardier has already provided 260 rail cars for Bucharest.
Delivery of the new trains is set to start at the end of 2007 and will be completed in 2008.
The trains will be assembled in Craiova, about 180 kilometres west of Bucharest, with the co-operation of Electroputere, Bombardier's Romanian partner.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei