Romania to keep CEC for two years at least - FinminPublish date: 25-01-2007
The Romanian government is not planning to privatise Casa de Economii si Consemnatiuni (CEC). To a question by Portfolio.hu, Finance Minister Sebastian Vladescu said they had no intention to sell CEC for at least two years.
In hopes of getting a better price Romania has been putting off the privatisation of a 69.9% stake in CEC, the "people's bank" under communism, seen by analysts as one of the last chances to expand in fast-growing eastern Europe.
CEC will spend the following year with reorganisation. Vladescu said there was no decision even on the method of the sell-off, and Initial Public Offering (IPO) is also among the possibilities just as the sale to a professional investor.
Hungary's OTP Bank and the National Bank of Greece (NBG) were also among the potential buyers, but the cabinet called off the sale as it wanted quite a different price than what the bidders offered.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei