OTP Bank has launched the first transparent credit card in RomaniaPublish date: 25-01-2007
OTP Bank Romania became the first bank in Romania at the end of December 2006 to launch the VISA Classic Transparent credit card, addressed to individuals. With an innovative transparent design and unique in Romania, the credit card stands out by both a very attractive "look", as well as by its versatility and advantageous conditions of issuing and usage.
Thus, the VISA Classic "Transparent" card completes the bank's credit card offer, together with MasterCard Standard "All-Inclusive" and MasterCard "Co-brand OTP-MOL".
Furthermore, OTP Bank Romania meets its clients' needs with a very attractive offer: issuing two credit cards on the price of one. Any client who applies for a credit card at OTP Bank Romania can receive a MasterCard "All Inclusive" card in addition to the VISA Classic Transparent card, without any extra charge.
For the clients who want a "premium"-class credit card, OTP Bank Romania has also launched in December the VISA Gold credit card, which incorporates a series of special features, among which we mention:
-credit limit of up to RON 50,000
-international travel insurance, valid for the whole period of the card availability, with coverage of up to € 15,000 for the medical, repatriation, accident, death or permanent invalidity expenses, loss of luggage or passport
-the possibility for the clients to use both the own availaibilities held on the card account, as well as the credit line offered by the bank
-grace period of up to 55 days and zero commission for the payments made at the merchants using the card.
"By launching the transparent credit card, OTP Bank Romania continues its series of premieres on the Romanian credit card market that started last year by issuing the MasterCard "Flat" cards, the VISA Junior cards with variable design, as well as the co-branded credit cards issued in partnership with the MOL gas-stations network. We think that the Romanian credit card market has reached a considerable degree of maturity and clients have begun to be interested in not only the functional characteristics of the cards but also in their design," said Adrian Chichita, Director of OTP Bank's Card Directorate.
At the moment, OTP Bank Romania offers one of the most complete banking card supply on the market, which consists of credit and debit cards for individuals, debit cards for companies, "co-branded" and "affinity" cards issued under the MasterCard and VISA logos.
Also, OTP Bank Romania manages a network of 75 ATMs spread accross the main cities of the country, with the intention of a constant development in 2007.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei