Accenture and AIG Europe Sign 10-Year Business Processing Outsourcing AgreementPublish date: 18-01-2007
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has signed a 10-year, US$100 million business processing outsourcing (BPO) agreement with AIG Europe S.A. to provide an IT platform and insurance support services to AIG Entrepreneur, an AIG unit specializing in Property and Casualty insurance for small and medium enterprises. The agreement which aims to maximize operational efficiencies and enhance services will be implemented in several European countries starting initially with France.
Services will be provided to AIG Europe by Accenture Insurance Services – an Accenture business that offers insurance BPO services to life, annuity, pensions and P&C insurers globally – through Accenture’s service centre in Bucharest, Romania. The underwriting, policy and claims services will be supported by an IT platform using Accenture’s proprietary insurance solution software. The implementation is expected to be completed in less than six months.
“Our center in Bucharest will provide high quality and cost competitive BPO services to AIG Entrepreneur for its operations in key markets in the EU,” said Serge Callet, global managing director of Accenture’s Insurance practice. “By combining our respective capabilities and skills, we look forward to helping AIG Entrepreneur innovate through a more industrialized operating model.”
Accenture’s multi-lingual delivery center in Bucharest complements Accenture’s insurance BPO capabilities in France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, India and the Philippines.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Committed to delivering innovation, Accenture collaborates with its clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. With deep industry and business process expertise, broad global resources and a proven track record, Accenture can mobilize the right people, skills, and technologies to help clients improve their performance. With approximately 146,000 people in 49 countries, the company generated net revenues of US$16.65 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2006. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei