RZB opens sales office in Jersey and expands its UK business activitiesPublish date: Astazi, 11-01-2007
Raiffeisen Zentralbank österreich AG (RZB) has opened a sales office in Jersey, the largest of the British Channel Islands, as shown in a press release received by BankNews.ro. For RZB this is a further step into the UK market now adding investment business to RZB’s business portfolio in the UK.
Bridging East and West
In 1989 Austria’s leading commercial bank entered the UK market and established a branch in the city of London focused on treasury and forex trading business. Only a few days ago RZB’s London Branch has obtained permits from the Jersey regulator to distribute seven of its Vienna-based investment funds out of Jersey. “It is a logical step for RZB to establish a sales office in Jersey to complement our product range for institutional investors”, says Patrick Butler, CFO of RZB. “Our unique banking network in Central and Eastern Europe, a region where we have unrivalled expertise, provides us with an outstanding knowledge of the investment opportunities available in the region. British investors can now benefit from this advantage.”
RZB’s Jersey office is located in St. Helier, the capital of the British Channel Island, and is managed by Richard Buchanan. He has more than 30 years experience in the offshore financial services industry, and has held senior Jersey-based sales and marketing roles with Abbey International, R A Rossborough (Life and Pensions) and the Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
The British Crown Dependency Jersey is one of Europe’s most important financial centres. In 2006 the Net Asset Value of funds under management in Jersey amounted to more than 170 billion British Pounds (more than 255 billion euros).
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei