Nearly 105 000 workers from bulgaria and romania expected in italyPublish date: 03-01-2007
Italy saw no migration wave from Bulgaria and Romania in the first days after the two countries entered the EU.
The number of Bulgarians and Romanians entering Italy remained unchanged, Italian online edition Balcani said.
The real invasion came from inside as the last baby born in 2006 in Turin and the first one born in 2007 were both Romanians, Balcani said.
Italian NGOs said as quoted by Italian newspaper Corriere Della Sera that 60 000 to 105 000 Bulgarians and Romanians would immigrate to Italy.
Predictions were hard to make, but Italians were mostly afraid of Roma who form 2.5 per cent of the two countries' population.
Bulgarians and Romanians will have the same rights in Italy as French, Germans and Spaniards. Hopefully EU would not regret its hasty decision to accept the two countries, Corriere Della Sera said.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei