Fitch/rating-Romania's galloping current account deficit triggers lower credit rating from FitchPublish date: 01-02-2008
Fitch Ratings today lowered Romania's long and short term credit rating outlook, from "stable" to "negative", following the widening of the current account deficit, a release by the rating firm says.
Fitch analysts confirmed the 'BBB' and "BBB+' ratings for Romania's long term credits in hard currency and lei, yet the outlook for the two lowered from 'stable' to 'negative'.
The rating body also confirmed the 'F3' rating for the short term loans in hard currency and Romania's 'A-'rating. The current account deficit corresponding Romania, Bulgaria and the Baltic States widened to alarming levels, according to the head of the ratings department for European emerging countries, Edward Parker.
The official explained the external deficits which could have been easily financed within abundant liquidity periods could be hard to cover following the international financial turmoil.
Fitch Ratings believes Romania's current account deficit widened to 14 percent of the GDP, last year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei