Funds pay administrators bonuses worth up to 3 percent of profit on exitPublish date: 15-09-2008
Managers of projects led by private equity funds in Romania receive bonuses worth up to 3 percent of profits on exit, according to specialists interviewed by Business Standard.
Former investment manager of Spanish GED fund, Francisc Bodo, said Romanian managers received bonuses worth some 1 percent of profit.
"Granting a bonus for each successful exit varies depending on administrators policies, some never offer exit primes, others reward managers for each successful exit, through money or promotions," Bodo said.
An investment fund's profitability is given by the multiplying factor of the invested money (money multiple), Bodo said. The most profitable private equity funds in Romania multiplied the amounts ten times or more, in less than five years.
"The management teams of companies owned by funds received stock option plans, which they can cash on exit. It is a way allowing managers o become directly interested in increasing the business' value," says the Country Manager of AIG New Europe Fund, Doina Popescu.
Fund administrators say Romanian companies' owners expectations were exaggerated in many cases lately, because they were planning on a stable market growth and an easy access to funds.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei