Romania and Bulgaria set 2011 as year of their accession to Schengen spacePublish date: 11-01-2008
Romania and Bulgaria consider 2011 will be the year of their common accession to the Schengen space, with the steps for the move to be taken in close cooperation, says a Common Romania-Bulgaria Declaration, which is to be signed by the interior ministers of the two countries and submitted to the General Secretariat of the EU Council, on the occasion of the Justice and Home Affairs Council due in Brno, Jan. 24-25.
According to the communication office of the Romanian Ministry of the Interior and Administrative Reform (MIRA), the text of the declaration was set, on Wednesday, in Sofia, by Romanian State Secretary Vasile Gabriel Nita, head of the Schengen department of MIRA, currently on an official visit to Bulgaria, and Bulgarian deputy Interior Minister Goran Ionov.
In the context of the development of bilateral ties in connection with the Schengen issues, the two officials also discussed the cooperation between the structures in the two ministries and the development of future common projects.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei